Descending wanted to build awareness around their new adventure documentary series. They needed to drive traffic to their website and build their Facebook fan base with Canadians who were genuinely interested in traveling.
SOLUTION + STRATEGY
Win 2 free tickets to Sydney, Australia! was Descending’s first promotional campaign. They ran a simple enter-to-win sweepstakes with Strutta and enlisted BudgetAir.ca to help offer a relevant prize that would appeal to their target audience.
Using Strutta’s Sweepstakes basic package, Descending was able to:
- create a sweepstakes site to embed into their website
- take advantage of built-in social share tools and Facebook integrations
- allow entry to Canadian residents only
Descending embeded the sweepstakes in Descending’s website where visitors could easily navigate to explore more impressive visual content, and advertised it their Facebook Page in posts and in a promotional tab. The embeddable iframe site and Facebook tab were easily set up through Strutta's Sweepstakes Builder.
The sweepstakes was not fan-gated on Facebook so Liking Descending was not a requirement to enter the sweepstakes. However, a button to Like Descending’s Facebook Page was included at the top of the promotion and over 3,000 sweepstakes visitors willingly Liked Descending on Facebook.
Being a Canadian television network series, Descending opened its promotion to Canadian residents only. Strutta's system ensured that access was granted only to those with valid IP addresses in Canada.
- 7,030 entries were submitted over a six week period
- 518 people found the promotion through shared links on Facebook, Twitter and email
- Descending jumped from a few hundred to over 3,000 Likes on Facebook