Our CEO, Ben Pickering, has recently guest blogged for Social Media Examiner on hot topics in the online promotions space. His first post, How to Run a Successful Social Media Contest, covered key considerations for social media contests. His latest post, How to Measure the Return on Social Media Contests, dives into the ROI on social media contests. See an excerpt below:
Depending on how you set up your promotion, these are some of the key metrics to consider:
- How many people visited your promotion? How much time did they spend engaging?
- Of those who visited, how many actively participated? How many entered? How many voted (if applicable)?
- What was the redemption rate of any coupons or offers?
- How many users opted in to your email list?
- And ultimately what new business (revenue/profit) can be attributed to the promotion?
The full post includes more tips and insightful case studies. Visit the Social Media Examiner Blog for more!
What challenges have you come across with social media contests? How do you measure success in your social media campaigns?